Some call me "Flem"

My photo
I'm an elementary school teacher turned high school English teacher, School-Based Teacher Leader (SBTL), and adjunct professor here in Philly. These posts are the views, as I see them, from room 105, my first classroom number. Enjoy, engage, and share!

Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Breakfast with the Boys

Several weeks ago I had an idea to have breakfast with my boys and lunch with the ladies in my class, my treat. I shared the idea with a couple other teachers from around the district---actually my sister who is a teacher and a buddy of mine since 9, also a teacher. So glad to see that it's catching on!

Here, a blurred picture of the breakfast he had with his 5th grade boys at another public school in Germantown! I challenge YOU, have breakfast with the boys in your class! Sit with them. Talk with them. Chill with them! No shades drawn on the girls, but as a male, a black male, I know we tend to get the short end of every stick that's out there!

His #ClassOnGeek

No comments:

Post a Comment