Some call me "Flem"

My photo
I'm an elementary school teacher turned high school English teacher, School-Based Teacher Leader (SBTL), and adjunct professor here in Philly. These posts are the views, as I see them, from room 105, my first classroom number. Enjoy, engage, and share!

Monday, June 15, 2015

Outsourcing our guest teachers...

This morning I received a text message from a guest teacher, a wonderful COworker I haven't seen in a few years! She informed me that she was on her way to see me. I was like a kid at Christmas, the thought of seeing such a great person and colleague!!!

In the few minutes in between the text and her coming to my new....scratch that...changed location (207), I thought about her and the other wonderful guest teachers who come to help us out here at the school and how they are VERY MUCH a part of the faculty here. The children respect them. The staff respects them. They teach. They call parents. They hold detentions. They ARE teachers!!!!

I'm not naive enough to believe that this is the case everywhere, but I love the dynamics here! I believe it's because the staff here, overall, work very well together and embrace the guest teachers who pitch right in!!

Then, I think about how the school district wants to outsource guest teacher services. I can only wonder what that will mean for the climate of the school building. I can only wonder...

No comments:

Post a Comment