Some call me "Flem"

My photo
I'm an elementary school teacher turned high school English teacher, School-Based Teacher Leader (SBTL), and adjunct professor here in Philly. These posts are the views, as I see them, from room 105, my first classroom number. Enjoy, engage, and share!

Wednesday, June 3, 2015

"Mr. Flemming, weren't you embarrassed?"

"Boys and girls, so I found out that our Madagascar Hissing Cockroaches eat frozen veggies, particularly the string beans! Actually, not while they're frozen. I thaw them out first and then they eat them."

Kid, "They're vegetarian."

Flem, "Actually, they're.....................herbivore! Sheesh! Don't know why the word wasn't coming to me. Plus you know I told you they like dandelions too. So I've gone onto people's lawns and quickly snatched the dandelions and put them in my trunk. I even drove to a SEPTA parking lot and picked a few to feed to our pets."

Kid, "Wait! Huh??? A SEPTA PARKING LOT??? People's lawns???"

Flem, "Yup, I had to hurry up" (Wait did I admit trespassing? Ooops)

Kid, "Mr. Flemming!!!!!!! Weren't you embarrassed?"

Flem, "UHH, YEAH! Big ole man like me pickin' dandelions! That's why I had to hurry up!"

We share a laugh!!

(So the dandelions from another's lawn was true. But their lawn was right next to my apartment door in our complex. The windows are low in our units. So while I technically didn't make my way onto their lawn, I did have to quickly rrrreeeeaaaach over, under their window, snatch the dandelion, unlock my outside door and keep it moving. lol)

No comments:

Post a Comment