Some call me "Flem"

My photo
I'm an elementary school teacher turned high school English teacher, School-Based Teacher Leader (SBTL), and adjunct professor here in Philly. These posts are the views, as I see them, from room 105, my first classroom number. Enjoy, engage, and share!

Thursday, May 14, 2015

Breakfast with my Boys and Lunch with my Ladies!

Yesterday the kids and I had a great time just "chillin". I had breakfast with my boys before school and lunch with my ladies during lunch! Continental in style, the guys and I enjoyed talking about superheroes and which one I would be (Batman---he has no superpowers, so whenever he wins, it's all him). They then proceeded to flip, jump, and run around the classroom.

Then came lunch with my ladies at 12. They enjoyed their school lunch and I treated them to something extra, buffalo wings. They organized the desks neatly in the form of a lunch table and talked about "womanhood" (no exaggeration, they toasted with the Hawaiian Punch I provided. They toasted to "womanhood"). They also discussed the law and how it was a law that allowed wives to hit their husbands but that the husbands can't hit their wives.

It was just a time to chill with the teacher and I believe they all enjoyed some down time with me, as I did with them.

With any classroom dynamic, it's not all a flowery bed of ease. That's life. But this time was our time to "let our hair down" or to just flip around the room, jump and run and knock over a classmates donut and muffin.


No comments:

Post a Comment