Some call me "Flem"

My photo
I'm an elementary school teacher turned high school English teacher, School-Based Teacher Leader (SBTL), and adjunct professor here in Philly. These posts are the views, as I see them, from room 105, my first classroom number. Enjoy, engage, and share!

Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Dear Somebody, Anybody

Dear Whoever,

I didn't do anything all year, but I got an "A". Why?

See, now I'm going to think that I can do this every year and still get "A's". Then when it's time to go to college or trade school, I'll be surprised because life doesn't really work like that!!

Why did you do it??? Why make me think I'm doing OK when I'm not??? Huh?? WHY?????

I bet your kids at home don't get A's for doing nothing!! Why is it OK to treat me like this?

Huh? Wait, you were told to???? Who told you???

Who??!!??

I can't believe it!! I won't believe it!!!
Believe it? If you say so...

But I would expect that person to be the one to....oh never mind...

Wait hol' up! They told you to do what? Give me a packet and pass me? Packet and pass? PACKET AND PASS??? If I didn't do anything all year, why the heck do you think I'm going to do a packet?

Wait, I'm going to pass even if I don't do the packet?

Som' ain't right! Ya'll settin me up to fail and go to jail! Yoo, I'm not feelin' that!

I ain feelin' that, AT. ALL!!!

~Signed
#KidWitPotentialButSomeYallAintPushinMe




1 comment:

  1. Done all the time. Packets from principal!

    ReplyDelete