Some call me "Flem"

My photo
I'm an elementary school teacher turned high school English teacher, School-Based Teacher Leader (SBTL), and adjunct professor here in Philly. These posts are the views, as I see them, from room 105, my first classroom number. Enjoy, engage, and share!

Sunday, June 21, 2015

My dad!

To my father, Stephen P. Flemming,
This man, my dad, my "pops" is truly a gentleman and a scholar! He's shown genuine care for his wife who is our mother, for all of his children and for his grandchild! So while today is the summer solstice, it's also Father's Day and MY dad's birthday!!!

He raised us to be strong believers in God and to embrace and live by the principles of His holy writ, the Bible! Thank you!

He taught us boys by example how women should be treated. That they should be treated like the Queens they are, to love, protect, and provide! Thank you!

While everyone is so progressive, I can appreciate the traditional values of family, friendship, and love that I hold dear; that he holds dear; that he taught us! Thank you!

At his age, he can hang (physically) with the best of them, and to be honest, he can OUTLAST them in almost anything involving endurance! He might be old {ducks}, but he's an OG for real!

Ladies and Gentlemen, my dad (and little Flem up there too)

Big Flem and Little Flem bearing the same 1st name!


No comments:

Post a Comment