Some call me "Flem"

My photo
I'm an elementary school teacher turned high school English teacher, School-Based Teacher Leader (SBTL), and adjunct professor here in Philly. These posts are the views, as I see them, from room 105, my first classroom number. Enjoy, engage, and share!

Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Former student makes staying, worth it!!!

I made my way to a local park to search for a child when I ran into a few former students of mine. As I continued my search, a young man suddenly began quoting a mantra I coined some years ago. As I heard the very familiar refrain and that from a deep voice, I quickly turned my head and recognized a face I hadn't seen in several years!!

It felt good that this kid, now a young man at Lincoln University is in college!
It felt good that he remembered "the motto!"
It felt good that he thought enough of his former teacher, who had a one track mind, to get my attention by attempting to hide behind another former student and reciting "the motto"!

It's the little things that make my remaining here, despite.......stuff.....worth it!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment