Some call me "Flem"

My photo
I'm an elementary school teacher turned high school English teacher, School-Based Teacher Leader (SBTL), and adjunct professor here in Philly. These posts are the views, as I see them, from room 105, my first classroom number. Enjoy, engage, and share!

Saturday, January 11, 2014

Teaching is Not a Simple Algorithim

I started this post on 11/17/12 and didn't realize I hadn't published it, so tonight (1/11/14), I'm publishing it:

"My serority sisters are teaching majors and OMG, they are complaining because they have to do a lesson plan. Like how hard can that be? Two plus two equals four. Oh wow, that is so hard!"

So this was the essence of a small conversation I heard on the train, early on a Saturday morning. I might have added or deleted a word or two since I don't remember the converasation verbatim, but this was its essence.

First, those young undergrads were fortunate. They were fortunate in that I heard this as I was getting ready to leave the train. If I had a few more stops on this regional rail train, they would have regretted every last smart-Alec-y word spoken.




No comments:

Post a Comment