Some call me "Flem"

My photo
I'm an elementary school teacher turned high school English teacher, School-Based Teacher Leader (SBTL), and adjunct professor here in Philly. These posts are the views, as I see them, from room 105, my first classroom number. Enjoy, engage, and share!

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Mind Muzic

I stumbled across a great teaching aid! Mind Muzic is a company that describes itself as an educational music company. The genre is hip hop and they have albums that cover a wide range of content from mathematical concepts, to history, English, shapes etc. They have several albums for each grade level from K to college!

The music isn't the type of teacher-developed raps and music that I've downloaded, purchased and used in the past. Those were good and served their purpose. But this music that Mind Muzic has developed is the real deal! The music sounds just like the type of music that our youngsters are used to listening to! I've played the music in class and the kids jump up and have at it!

Not only is the music real, but it really helps to teach the content!! You HAVE to check it out for yourself! I purchased two albums from iTunes!

Their website --> http://www.mindmuzic.com/

Their twitter --> https://twitter.com/MindMuzic


No comments:

Post a Comment