Some call me "Flem"

My photo
I'm an elementary school teacher turned high school English teacher, School-Based Teacher Leader (SBTL), and adjunct professor here in Philly. These posts are the views, as I see them, from room 105, my first classroom number. Enjoy, engage, and share!

Thursday, June 17, 2021

My Twitter Spaces chat with 2 Black male educators

I tried something new today and on a whim.

I hosted a Twitter Spaces chit-chat. One, I wanted to see what it was like. Two, I wanted to speak with a few Black male educators about the positives of this past school year. For this "let's see what this app can do" convo, these two brothers, @MrFlemmingMEd & @pastorsalis, joined me.



Some of the takeaways about the positives of this past year?

  • The ability to still establish and maintain those crucial student:teacher relationships
    • nixing the "Do Now" in favor of "Temperature Checks"
    • Morning Meetings/Town Halls/Community Meetings
  • Being able to travel the world virtually with students
  • Trying new things like...launching a podcast with students😉
The moral? Try something new. Find the light in darkness. Relationships matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment