Some call me "Flem"

My photo
I'm an elementary school teacher turned high school English teacher, School-Based Teacher Leader (SBTL), and adjunct professor here in Philly. These posts are the views, as I see them, from room 105, my first classroom number. Enjoy, engage, and share!

Thursday, January 21, 2016

Designing Our Learning Experience

My students and I are ecologists as we navigate our current science learning experiences. We were entomologists and now we've 'metamorphed' into the broader scientific field of ecology, studying ecosystems.

Yes, it is still broad.

So, for the first real time I decided that the students will decide how we should proceed. After introducing some basic terminology and concepts (e.g. the terms ecosystem, producer, consumer, decomposer, herbivore, etc. etc.), we discussed how we should go about studying the various ecosystems. As they talked, I had a Word document opened on the 'big screen' and typed as they talked.

Here is what they said so far (and I'll keep you updated):

No comments:

Post a Comment