Some call me "Flem"

My photo
I'm an elementary school teacher turned high school English teacher, School-Based Teacher Leader (SBTL), and adjunct professor here in Philly. These posts are the views, as I see them, from room 105, my first classroom number. Enjoy, engage, and share!

Wednesday, December 24, 2014

#ClassOnGeek

I believe that teaching and learning should be as experiential as possible. To that end, I try to make learning a pleasant and unforgettable experience!! From video chatting with experts to handling bugs, learning should be an unforgettable, positive experience!

Last Friday, we took a trip to a bug museum, Philly's Insectarium. Needless to say this was quite an experience.  Some of the brave kids and I ate mealworms, handled reptiles and an assortment of critters including a Madagascar Hissing Cockroach! (We also purchased one to be our class pet!)



Tuesday was our class "Read In". This is an event that I've put on with the kids for a 7th year. The focus is on extended reading for pleasure, while also enjoying some goodies! In the last week I've adopted the phrase and hashtag, our class is on geek (a spinoff from a newer slang term for "nice"---"fleek"). So my #ClassOnGeek and we're proud to be! Intelligent, witty, scholars, thinkers, movers and shakers!

No comments:

Post a Comment