Some call me "Flem"

My photo
I'm an elementary school teacher turned high school English teacher, School-Based Teacher Leader (SBTL), and adjunct professor here in Philly. These posts are the views, as I see them, from room 105, my first classroom number. Enjoy, engage, and share!

Thursday, December 25, 2014

Christmas in Ghana and Togo

Back in 2002 I was a member of a U.S. delegation of speakers/teachers/preachers to a Christian conference and camp meeting in the COUNTRY of Ghana on the CONTINENT of Africa. I taught a class numbering in the thousands on the camp grounds of this West African Christian conference. I remember having to teach slowly, speaking in phrases so that my two translators could translate my lesson into the various dialects and languages that the native Ghanians spoke.

I also remember the fact that I spent my first Christmas away from home. I spent that Christmas overseas and it was quite different for me.

Here are some pics from back then (coincidently enough on #tbt)










No comments:

Post a Comment