Some call me "Flem"

My photo
I'm an elementary school teacher turned high school English teacher, School-Based Teacher Leader (SBTL), and adjunct professor here in Philly. These posts are the views, as I see them, from room 105, my first classroom number. Enjoy, engage, and share!

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Art is meant to be....covered?

So, teachers were instructed to cover the spring collages that decked the halls of a particular elementary school in preparation for the "all important" state assessments. When confronting the powers that be, a teacher commented, "It's art though!" The reply was resolute, "the district will try to find anything..."

If we have gone so low in our administration of state assessments that art work must be covered, we've reached a new low!!! By the way, we have no art teacher so the art is the work of homeroom teachers' efforts to bring the students' artistic ability to life, fyi!

I'm just saying...


No comments:

Post a Comment