Some call me "Flem"

My photo
I'm an elementary school teacher turned high school English teacher, School-Based Teacher Leader (SBTL), and adjunct professor here in Philly. These posts are the views, as I see them, from room 105, my first classroom number. Enjoy, engage, and share!

Thursday, May 14, 2020

MOVE Bombing | One student's mom and uncle lived on Osage

I posted a Philadelphia Inquirer video of a Ramona Africa's and a police officer's MOVE bombing experiences and asked the students to comment and possibly include their parents/grandparents recollections and thoughts.

One student's response in part-
"My mom and uncle said they were living on the block at the time. She said one of her friends was in the house at the time...My mother says she had a good connection with Michael and still talks to Ramona to this day...I feel like that could have been my mom or my uncle in the house. They said that they were coming from the store and just saw a big boom. The city is just messed up for [t]hat."

No comments:

Post a Comment