Some call me "Flem"

My photo
I'm an elementary school teacher turned high school English teacher, School-Based Teacher Leader (SBTL), and adjunct professor here in Philly. These posts are the views, as I see them, from room 105, my first classroom number. Enjoy, engage, and share!

Monday, May 11, 2020

COVID-19 in NJ's Prisons | Testing at East Jersey State Prison

It has been about three weeks since I last updated you on the COVID-19 situation inside of one New Jersey's prisons from the viewpoint of one of my mentees over at East Jersey State Prison. In some of the latest emails between the neph and I, we tried not bring up the subject. When I told him that I'd heard there was to be mass testing and whether it had started yet, this was his response this past weekend:

"They aint start or do a darn thing... The only thing they did was give us 2 more disposable mask and 1 extra bar of soap. They said that they were going to test us and that hasnt happened yet and I doubt if it does."

Pictured below are the latest stats over at East Jersey and a few other facilities as of 5/8, last Friday night. These numbers do not represent the worst of the COVID-19 situation in New Jersey's corrections system. Head to the websitescroll down, then act.
Email.
Tweet.
Repost.
Call the local papers. 



No comments:

Post a Comment