Some call me "Flem"

My photo
I'm an elementary school teacher turned high school English teacher, School-Based Teacher Leader (SBTL), and adjunct professor here in Philly. These posts are the views, as I see them, from room 105, my first classroom number. Enjoy, engage, and share!

Thursday, August 9, 2012

Asked and Answered???

After realizing the 140 characters just didn't seem enough, it was my nephew who inspired me to brush off my blog and get to...well....blogging!

Recently, my state Senator and I, along with some of my twitter friends and colleagues, engaged in a twitterlogue about public education. This state Senator opened up a charter school that shares a corner with the neighborhood public school.

I sent the Senator (via @kellygrade6) the following tweet, " have u tried to get Mitchell Elem, BB Comegys and schools like them the resources and services they need b4 u decided to open a charter on the same corner?"

The Senator's response to me was sent in this tweet, " I attended Mitchell and I visited last year."

I'll let you judge for yourself what this "nationally recognized expert on educational issues" (http://www.senatoranthonyhwilliams.com/sen-anthony-h-williams/about/biography) meant by that response, because I think I may have misunderstood something.

No comments:

Post a Comment