Some call me "Flem"

My photo
I'm an elementary school teacher turned high school English teacher, School-Based Teacher Leader (SBTL), and adjunct professor here in Philly. These posts are the views, as I see them, from room 105, my first classroom number. Enjoy, engage, and share!

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

$1330 extra per kid...

Contrary to popular belief, there are great schools that make up the School District of Philadelphia. Among them is the highly lauded Penn Alexander School in the University City section of West Philadelphia. Penn Alexander is a University of Pennsylvania Partnership school. To read more on the partnership, click on the link ----> http://webgui.phila.k12.pa.us/schools/p/penn-alexander/

The one thing that most stands out to me is the extra $1330 per child that this school receives. I like to think of what each Philadelphia public school be like if each school received an extra $1330 per child? I think of the technological advances that could be made. I think of the reduced class sizes. I think of the classroom assistants. I think of the arts. I think of foreign languages in elementary schools. Oh the resources that an extra $1330 per student to purchase for the sake of the students!

No comments:

Post a Comment