Some call me "Flem"

My photo
I'm an elementary school teacher turned high school English teacher, School-Based Teacher Leader (SBTL), and adjunct professor here in Philly. These posts are the views, as I see them, from room 105, my first classroom number. Enjoy, engage, and share!

Saturday, December 26, 2015

Funny Moments from the "Read In"

Some of the more funny moments from my 8th Annual "Read In"

1.  Kid to news reporter about me, "Sometimes he (me) loses his marbles!!" (this is what I get for indirectly introducing idioms? lol) Our news reporter was quick when he replied, "Sometimes I lose mine too!" (Thanks for saving me from that awkward moment bruh lol)

2.  "Mr. Flemming, your mom is cute!"

3.  Watching the guest readers stumble over those alliterative sentences and phrases in some stories

4.  Noticing the guest readers wonder why we're all in pajamas and a couple of them saying, "You know, I wasn't gonna ask..."

5.  Listening to one of the kids say "mee-oow" when one of the girls came in her pjs. (Caught me COMPLETELY off guard and I don't *think* it was intended to be suggestive)

6.  A few guests commented that the school seemed like an endless maze to get to our classroom. One door way that lead to another, followed by another, then steps, twists, and turns....sheesh!! (Those who know my school, know that it's one big circle)

No comments:

Post a Comment