Some call me "Flem"

My photo
I'm an elementary school teacher turned high school English teacher, School-Based Teacher Leader (SBTL), and adjunct professor here in Philly. These posts are the views, as I see them, from room 105, my first classroom number. Enjoy, engage, and share!

Saturday, November 28, 2015

Bodine High Class Reunion

It's not a "major" year (10, 20, 25, 30, 40, 50...), but it is a year.
In a few moments I'm headed out to to an "in-between" year class reunion with my fellow Bodine High School classmates and graduates! A corps of the class worked very hard to put it all together!!

Some of us met up a few years ago and again earlier in the fall of this year, but this one is promising to be the biggest one yet and I am really looking forward to it!!

Among us are physicians, contractors, veterans of the U.S. Armed Services (thank you), psychologists, accountants, teachers, principals, systems analysts, world travelers, spouses, parents, best friends since high school, college professors, judges, white collar workers, blue collar workers, clergy collar wearers, neighbors, non-profit managers, small business owners, and the list goes on! AND I couldn't be more proud!!!!!!!!

When we were freshmen at Bodine High School for International Affairs, it was all new to us! The classes, the work, the heavy emphasis on international affairs and foreign language, the International Days, the Ms. Paige, Ms. Brown, Mr. Molowitz, Ms. Ton, Mr. Young, Dr. P. Karen Hill, etc. etc.

Now we are those adults, those young adults making an impact on the world and in our communities!!

We now have widespread internet (wish we had this in high school), MySp---ahem---Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, this and that kinda chat, KIDS with cell phones (I didn't get my first until I bought my own prepaid cell during spring semester freshman year in college) and so much more!

My, how the world has changed!

Sadly, we've also experienced unthinkable tragedies in our personal lives and even within our class since our days in high school! One of our very own, Ms. Nekeisha Eugene was taken from us too soon, right here in Philly.

Here's to "Bodine High with blue and white, your knowledge leads us to the light. The school makes life a learning day, with Bodine High we're on our way!" (Bodinians, did I get the alma mater right or nah? lol)

Here's to past memories, memories yet to be made, things we wish we could forget, things will never forget, people we'll never forget and here's to Nekeisha!




No comments:

Post a Comment