Some call me "Flem"

My photo
I'm an elementary school teacher turned high school English teacher, School-Based Teacher Leader (SBTL), and adjunct professor here in Philly. These posts are the views, as I see them, from room 105, my first classroom number. Enjoy, engage, and share!

Tuesday, May 19, 2015

What Bill Green said!

I went to NewsWorks website to read a story on Jim Kenney's victory!! Congratulations Jim!!

Here's what the former School Reform Commission (SRC) Chair, Bill Green, had to say regarding question #1 on the ballot about the elimination of the SRC:

"Regarding the SRC-abolishment ballot question, he said it would be "disastrous" to have a mayor and school district run by the teachers union."

So, I'm guessing it would have been better if we had a mayor and school district run by billionaires from Montgomery County!

What concerns me most is that this guy, Green, is a member of the governing body of our schools.

GRRRRR YYYUUUUCKKK BLAAAAAA UGGGGHHH!!!!

This just underscores the need for an elected body (whether partial or full---that can be debated) that is responsive to the people of Philadelphia, NOT big money or people who make STUPID statements like that!




No comments:

Post a Comment