Some call me "Flem"

My photo
I'm an elementary school teacher turned high school English teacher, School-Based Teacher Leader (SBTL), and adjunct professor here in Philly. These posts are the views, as I see them, from room 105, my first classroom number. Enjoy, engage, and share!

Monday, April 21, 2014

Social Studies Stations

A few weeks back I tried an idea that I had tried a few years back, Social Studies stations; the upper elementary version of "centers." Each station would have a different activity that either reinforces what we had already taught or would introduce them to something that will be forthcoming.  The activities vary from the traditional worksheet or some game/activity.

The students loved the idea! They would even to come class and ask if we were going to do "stations" today. So, if they are learning and it's different, why not give it a shot?!

No comments:

Post a Comment