Some call me "Flem"

My photo
I'm an elementary school teacher turned high school English teacher, School-Based Teacher Leader (SBTL), and adjunct professor here in Philly. These posts are the views, as I see them, from room 105, my first classroom number. Enjoy, engage, and share!

Monday, April 21, 2014

Arts and Content Areas

Today one of my classes got upset because we skipped our daily singing of several American patriotic songs (including all of the verses of the Negro national anthem) as a part of our Social Studies routine. This only goes to reinforce the facts that the arts need to be included in a school's program and that they can be successfully infused in content area subjects. I am an ardent believer in Dr. Howard Gardner's multiple intelligences concept. This idea drives my planning and teaching.

No comments:

Post a Comment