Some call me "Flem"

My photo
I'm an elementary school teacher turned high school English teacher, School-Based Teacher Leader (SBTL), and adjunct professor here in Philly. These posts are the views, as I see them, from room 105, my first classroom number. Enjoy, engage, and share!

Monday, February 10, 2014

Something's a little Fishy

I was not sure how the gentlemen in the Seafood Department at Pathmark would react when I decided to ask for "that fish" right there, with the head still on and to not prepare it for cooking but simply to take to my students because I am their science teacher.

"Yooo, that's wassup! That was my favorite subject in school yo! That's wassup! What school do you teach at?"

So that was his reaction and boy was I relieved!

We've been learning about oceanic food chains and sea life and this added some life (so-to-speak) to the videos, art work, presentations, and discussions!




No comments:

Post a Comment