Some call me "Flem"

My photo
I'm an elementary school teacher turned high school English teacher, School-Based Teacher Leader (SBTL), and adjunct professor here in Philly. These posts are the views, as I see them, from room 105, my first classroom number. Enjoy, engage, and share!

Friday, August 30, 2013

"We're doing a good thing!"

The response to my "How Many??" post has been overwhelming, in a good sense! When I wrote it I had just come home from marching with fellow teachers, parents, and students through Center City Philly and was upset that we even had to be there in the first place! I wasn't expecting it to reach as many as it did, just one teacher sounding off online.

For the kind words, thank you! They were very encouraging! I love my kids, I love teaching, and I hate any and everything that negatively impacts either!

We really are thousands in number all across this country and world....New Zealand---I'm glad you commented! I hope New Zealand doesn't follow the United States' lead in their treatment of teachers, particularly public school teachers. We are all in this fight together!!!

One of my partner teachers and I often say to each other in times of distress, "We're doing a good thing!" We repeat it over and over again if necessary. "We're doing a good thing! We're doing a good thing! We're doing a good thing!"

I did take the suggestion I saw and sent the letter in to the Philadelphia Inquirer. We'll see if they call me to verify my information and let me know that they are considering its publication.

Let's hang in there together in these troubling "education re(de)-form" times!

We really are doing a good thing!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment