Some call me "Flem"

My photo
I'm an elementary school teacher turned high school English teacher, School-Based Teacher Leader (SBTL), and adjunct professor here in Philly. These posts are the views, as I see them, from room 105, my first classroom number. Enjoy, engage, and share!

Thursday, March 21, 2013

BEG and BARGAIN for the BASICS??? Smh

Sitting at our General Membership meeting of the Philadelphia Federation of Teachers yesterday, our president, Mr. Jerry Jordan outlined the School District of Philadelphia's contract proposal and the PFT's proposal.

I sat there and really had to 'smh' at what it was that we really have to sit and negoiate about.

Manageable class sizes
A nurse in every school every day
The professional freedom for teachers to use prep time as they professionally see fit
A certified art, music, and physical education teacher in every school

These items arwe among many other items on the list!
It is a crying shame that we have to beg and bargain for the basics!

No comments:

Post a Comment