Some call me "Flem"

My photo
I'm an elementary school teacher turned high school English teacher, School-Based Teacher Leader (SBTL), and adjunct professor here in Philly. These posts are the views, as I see them, from room 105, my first classroom number. Enjoy, engage, and share!

Wednesday, July 28, 2021

UPDATE on: Motion to preclude evidence of racial discrimination in school funding

Three weeks ago, I offered my non-lawyer, teacher opinion on Pennsylvania House Speaker, Representative Bryan Cutler's motion to preclude evidence of racial discrimination in an upcoming school-funding trial here in PA. Lawyers argued that and another motion in Commonwealth Court three weeks ago to the day.

UPDATE

Both of the motions were largely denied, including the one that would bar the presentation of evidence of racial discrimination in school-funding.

To be clear, I am not now nor will I ever be satisfied with the historic and inadequate funding that public schools in

largely urban,

largely impoverished,

and

largely Black and Brown

communities receive.

By allowing evidence of these disparities at a trial on public school funding, it will be on the record, official, made clear--again--for everyone to see and hopefully rectify. 

No comments:

Post a Comment