Some call me "Flem"

My photo
I'm an elementary school teacher turned high school English teacher, School-Based Teacher Leader (SBTL), and adjunct professor here in Philly. These posts are the views, as I see them, from room 105, my first classroom number. Enjoy, engage, and share!

Sunday, January 10, 2021

A Sunday School's teacher reflection

I am that teacher, again. 2021 means that I've been a teacher of Christian Education for 26 years, 23 of which have been in Sunday School. Growing up in church sometimes means that by the time you're 30, you've been actively working and volunteering in ministry for 25 of those years. lol No regrets.

Two events in December and one in January are the catalysts for this reflection. In December, I attended a drive-by celebration for a young lady who graduated from Penn State with her degree in education!! Wooo Hoooo!!!!! She's coming to Philly schools! The next weekend, I attended the virtual baby shower of another young lady, who with her husband, are expecting their second child!! Woooo Hoooo!!!

Recently, I helped lead a chat with a group of adolescents and teens at the church I attend and grew up in. Note: We were socially distant and masked unless speaking at that moment. The president of the youth ministry is a graduate student.


I was privileged to have all of these young ladies as students in my Sunday School class up until they left, wait for it, kindergarten. Whoa! I feel myself getting younger and younger as the years go by. (Let me be great...lol) Now they're all grown up, taking on their 20s with strength and grace! Congratulations to all of them and their respective families! I pray and wish nothing but heaven's best, this side of glory, as they continue on their life journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment