Some call me "Flem"

My photo
I'm an elementary school teacher turned high school English teacher, School-Based Teacher Leader (SBTL), and adjunct professor here in Philly. These posts are the views, as I see them, from room 105, my first classroom number. Enjoy, engage, and share!

Monday, October 5, 2020

Dear White Colleagues, check yourself!

I'll make this short. Twice today and once late last week did I engage in conversations with Black colleagues from around the school district about how a few of our White colleagues, from around the school district, were showing their tails! Bigoted and racist tails, might I add. In two instances, Black educators were calling out their White counterparts or superiors on positions they held, decisions they made, or statements they uttered. In one instance a student was doing the calling out, going toe-to-toe with a teacher.

Listen here.

Check ya self before you wreck ya self!

It would behoove you to button your lips tight and listen to your Black colleagues and students, especially now! If you choose to say something, let it be supportive of Black lives, followed by actions supportive of Black lives! #BlackLivesMatterAtSchool Period.

Click here for source



No comments:

Post a Comment