Some call me "Flem"

My photo
I'm an elementary school teacher turned high school English teacher, School-Based Teacher Leader (SBTL), and adjunct professor here in Philly. These posts are the views, as I see them, from room 105, my first classroom number. Enjoy, engage, and share!

Thursday, August 6, 2020

IAsked: "How should teachers do this online teaching thing?"

Now that we can see a little clearer regarding fall classes, here is some advice from a couple of my students who chose to respond to my open-ended question about teaching online. 







Another student left a voicemail acknowledging and suggesting the following:
  • remote learning is "the better choice"
  • remote learning can be a "hassle for hands-on kids"
  • be considerate of the amount of work given
    • "in school we get work but not as much"
    • once we converted to online school it was a "ridiculous amount of work" considering that "we have other classes"
  • "don't' think that just because we're at home that 'oh they have time'"
  • "students go to work, help siblings, grandparents--we're their number one healthcare provider"
  • furthermore, students, "make dinner, go to work [noted again"
  • [noted again] "be aware of the amount of work"
  • "we don't have a bunch of free time"
  • "we do a bunch of other responsibilities"



No comments:

Post a Comment