Some call me "Flem"

My photo
I'm an elementary school teacher turned high school English teacher, School-Based Teacher Leader (SBTL), and adjunct professor here in Philly. These posts are the views, as I see them, from room 105, my first classroom number. Enjoy, engage, and share!

Thursday, March 6, 2014

Grandmom

As I'm preparing for work this morning, I'm reflecting on a conversation I had with the grandmother of one of my students. She was very pleasant and pleasantly pleased with the education her granddaughter is receiving at her very public school.

She spoke of her granddaughter's excitement when she comes home from school and how excitedly she relays what she learned on that particular day.

She also spoke of how she felt that for the first time her granddaughter was being challenged and really learning.

She ended the conversation by being thankful for me and her other two teachers and how she wished that her granddaughter could stay at the school next year.

Uhhh, #evaluatethat!

No comments:

Post a Comment