Some call me "Flem"

My photo
I'm an elementary school teacher turned high school English teacher, School-Based Teacher Leader (SBTL), and adjunct professor here in Philly. These posts are the views, as I see them, from room 105, my first classroom number. Enjoy, engage, and share!

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

She is Malala!


Yesterday I showed the ABC News 20/20 Special on Malala, which first aired a few weeks ago. My 5th graders were definitely interested in her life's story. I asked them to consider a few questions as they watched. Some of the "notes" they took, ended up being three or four pages of vivid details from the documentary. We then turned this into a very traditional writing assignment under the guise of that "other" writing genre known as the constructed response. Doing that however, did not prove to be a difficult task for them. Most wanted to write about her!

Here's the link:

http://watchabc.go.com/2020/SH559026/VDKA0_h4z0gfdp/2020-1011-unbreakable-one-girl-changing-the-world

No comments:

Post a Comment