Some call me "Flem"

My photo
I'm an elementary school teacher turned high school English teacher, School-Based Teacher Leader (SBTL), and adjunct professor here in Philly. These posts are the views, as I see them, from room 105, my first classroom number. Enjoy, engage, and share!

Friday, April 10, 2020

COVID-19: My email to Governor Murphy regarding East Jersey State Prison

Here is my email to Governor Murphy of New Jersey.
I included the hyperlinks only in this blog post.


Greetings Governor Murphy,

I have been corresponding with a young man who is an inmate at East Jersey State Prison. This facility has the 3rd highest number of cases of COVID-19 for employees and is tied for 3rd in cases for inmates. He is very concerned about what he perceives as the lack of efforts to mitigate the spread of the novel coronavirus inside of the prison. At the same time, he is also concerned that many officials inside of the prison are using this pandemic to limit access to hot water and time for recreation. He pleaded with me to reach out to you! On his and the other inmates' behalf, I'm doing just that as a concerned citizen. Please have someone look into these allegations.

Thank you,
Stephen R. Flemming

No comments:

Post a Comment