Some call me "Flem"

My photo
I'm an elementary school teacher turned high school English teacher, School-Based Teacher Leader (SBTL), and adjunct professor here in Philly. These posts are the views, as I see them, from room 105, my first classroom number. Enjoy, engage, and share!

Saturday, January 17, 2015

The Sweet Life!!

Weekends off!
8-something to 3-something Monday through Friday!
Summer's off!
Every "invented" holiday off!
Sweet!!!

A close friend and I often get into these verbal tiffs about how "sweet" the life of a teacher is! I mean,  really, with all of the afore mentioned perks, this life must be sweet!! Right? (or nah?)

Why, then, aren't more people signing up for this gig?
Hmmm...

Like some of the old folk used to say, "Baby, everything that glitter ain't gold!"

P.S. I love teaching, but let me insert an "OBJECTION YOUR HONOR" to the idea that this is the sweet life! Everybody not 'bout that tEaCHer lyfe ya'mean?

No comments:

Post a Comment