Some call me "Flem"

My photo
I'm an elementary school teacher turned high school English teacher, School-Based Teacher Leader (SBTL), and adjunct professor here in Philly. These posts are the views, as I see them, from room 105, my first classroom number. Enjoy, engage, and share!

Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Since you like to draw in class...

I have a kid who loves to draw and is ALWAYS drawing in class! There are times when I go all traditional and say, "put that stuff away and pay attention!!" Then there are times when I feel very badly for him and many many others who don't have an art program in order to release their "artistic tension." (Like how I worded that? lol)

At Kelly, we have art once a week, in a regular classroom. Note: We have more than 600 students.

Instead of going into a huge political and public school funding dissertation, I'll dedicate this post to letting you know how I'm going to accommodate this student today.

Last week I had the class develop haikus on chart paper. They were to write two or three of them "all over the paper." Here's the task of my budding artist during SSR today...


No comments:

Post a Comment