Some call me "Flem"

My photo
I'm an elementary school teacher turned high school English teacher, School-Based Teacher Leader (SBTL), and adjunct professor here in Philly. These posts are the views, as I see them, from room 105, my first classroom number. Enjoy, engage, and share!

Friday, January 23, 2015

Say it ain't so!!!!

As I reflect on this day gone by, what I enjoyed most occurred during our Social Studies lesson. It was a review of the time of the early explorers to what we're studying now, the Revolutionary War.

As we happened upon our review of the Boston Massacre, my Resident Presidential Historian asked if "they" were ever caught (British Soldiers). Love the question!!!!! I took the time to explain that they had and that there was a trial and they got off.

I intentionally prepared myself to glance his way when I named the lawyer who represented the British soldiers in court, John Adams!! The reaction I got from him was PRICELESS!!!!!! I giggled like a little kid! He stood up, smacked his forehead and fell back into his chair, undoubtedly in despair that a future president of the United States could possibly represent British soldiers who attacked American colonists AND be acquitted!!!!

It is important to note that my Resident Presidential Historian attends a Philadelphia public school in Germantown.

It is also important to note that my class, in this public school, can enthusiastically detail many of the main events from the time of the explorers (including the imperialistic slant of their explorations) to the Revolutionary War. #JustSayin

No comments:

Post a Comment