Some call me "Flem"

My photo
I'm an elementary school teacher turned high school English teacher, School-Based Teacher Leader (SBTL), and adjunct professor here in Philly. These posts are the views, as I see them, from room 105, my first classroom number. Enjoy, engage, and share!

Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Bad day

Reflecting on the day gone by...

As my students were conversing about what they read during their silent reading time, I had the chance to speak with two of my young ladies. One was not having a good day and said as much. I knew about a couple of her morning struggles and did my best to encourage her. Said that there were kids in other parts of the world who WISHED for an American kid's bad day. I knew that *she* would understand my point and would see things from a different perspective.  She didand felt a bit better.

As we were talking, another girl chimed in and said that she wished she could take one of their bad days (speaking of other children around the world). #Empathetic

No comments:

Post a Comment