Some call me "Flem"

My photo
I'm an elementary school teacher turned high school English teacher, School-Based Teacher Leader (SBTL), and adjunct professor here in Philly. These posts are the views, as I see them, from room 105, my first classroom number. Enjoy, engage, and share!

Sunday, August 13, 2017

Charter school talk on a Sunday morning

It's Sunday morning. All I wanted to do was head to Wawa and the MAC machine, go back home and get ready for church. I didn't necessarily mean to eavesdrop on a conversation about a Chester (PA) charter school. *wink*

I started ear-hustlin when I heard the words, "Chester charter..."

"Is your child in the enrichment program?"

"No"

"Because if they're in the enrichment program, the school is good. If not..."

" "

"Yeah, if they're in the enrichment program, they cater to them. They cater to the smart kids because that's their money, you know, when they take those tests. But if they're not in the enrichment program...."

And with that, I'm going to drive out of this Wawa parking lot and head to the ATM...

No comments:

Post a Comment