Some call me "Flem"

My photo
I'm an elementary school teacher turned high school English teacher, School-Based Teacher Leader (SBTL), and adjunct professor here in Philly. These posts are the views, as I see them, from room 105, my first classroom number. Enjoy, engage, and share!

Sunday, August 13, 2017

Academic excellence at church

I often express the pride that I have for students I taught in the public school system, here in Philly. Let me take the time to express my great pride in students I have not taught, but who I've watched grow into phenomenal young men and women, the youth of the Christ Haven Church here in Philly!

Tonight, our scholarship committee celebrated the academic achievements of our youth both verbally and tangibly, $$. Love is an action word and that love was on full display earlier this evening! Let me get preachy for a sec. I believe that we can talk about our great God, but that we should also demonstrate such in our work! The kids' GPAs, their scholastic recognitions, their attendance records, man, I couldn't be prouder! Saturday, there was a trunk party for one young lady headed off to school while simultaneously, at another location, a surprise cook-out for another young lady who graduated with her Masters in Art Ed with a focus on special populations. Listen!! This is what excellence looks like!

I celebrate these kids and young men and women! My heart has been overjoyed all evening! Whatever we do, let's do it with a spirit of excellence!

This concept transcends any religious belief or none at all! If you're going to do something, do it and do it well! My world view is that of a Christian. So, whatever I do, I want it to be pleasing in His sight! The many youth recognized tonight did well! All the best to those headed to college, high school, middle school, or moving up! God bless you! Hit me up whenever you need to! My love for you is strong, you already know! ✊πŸΎπŸ–€πŸ’―

~Unk

No comments:

Post a Comment