Some call me "Flem"

My photo
I'm an elementary school teacher turned high school English teacher, School-Based Teacher Leader (SBTL), and adjunct professor here in Philly. These posts are the views, as I see them, from room 105, my first classroom number. Enjoy, engage, and share!

Friday, May 26, 2017

When Your Students Sound/Write Like You

We've been typing essays using Google Docs. It has definitely enhanced my writing instruction and their writing development. One student typed this comment on their classmate's doc...

"[I] like...the ending part, but where [are] your three or two ex[amples] so the reader can have more stuff to think about[?]" ~one of my 5th grade public school students

Wow! Like any relationship, personal or professional, the more you're around someone, the more you start thinking and acting alike.

No comments:

Post a Comment