Some call me "Flem"

My photo
I'm an elementary school teacher turned high school English teacher, School-Based Teacher Leader (SBTL), and adjunct professor here in Philly. These posts are the views, as I see them, from room 105, my first classroom number. Enjoy, engage, and share!

Wednesday, October 5, 2016

"RACE" Movie Soundtrack in Class

Today I played one song from the 'RACE' movie soundtrack in class.
"Let the Games Begin"

Prior to the start, I read the lyrics poetically. As one class was settling down, the mood in the room instantly changed. I could hear quiet mumbles of affirmation and whispers of agreement and inspiration. The tone of the class period was set and you could cut the "we can do this" attitude with a knife if you wanted!

Let's gooooo!!!!! Let the games begin!! We got this!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment