Some call me "Flem"

My photo
I'm an elementary school teacher turned high school English teacher, School-Based Teacher Leader (SBTL), and adjunct professor here in Philly. These posts are the views, as I see them, from room 105, my first classroom number. Enjoy, engage, and share!

Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Get the Kids' Opinions

image from store.scholastic.com

Dilemma: Only 5 Diary of a Wimpy Kid books in the classroom (new). Everyone likes to read them.

Solution: Get the kids' opinions on a fair way to distribute books during the time set aside for silent/relaxing reading.

May I also take time to thank some of my personal friends and family, who when they heard of my dilemma, offered to gather their own kids' used books or volunteered to pick up one or two or more!

I've maintained for some time that reading is meant to be enjoyed not tested! We have a ways to go, but in the interim, let's get them to love reading and letting the words take their imaginations to......wherever!!


No comments:

Post a Comment