Some call me "Flem"

My photo
I'm an elementary school teacher turned high school English teacher, School-Based Teacher Leader (SBTL), and adjunct professor here in Philly. These posts are the views, as I see them, from room 105, my first classroom number. Enjoy, engage, and share!

Saturday, May 7, 2016

Teacher Appreciation WEEK???

Wait, there's a whole week??? Tell me something!

In some schools we don't even feel the love from administration on the actual day itself, even less throughout the week or year!

In fact, in one school, some of the children who tend to always set the school on fire were called to the office and treated to all kinds of goodies on TEACHER Appreciation Day!

Noxious school climates aren't healthy for anyone! Unfortunately, many of us experience these on a daily basis!

Big ups to the administrators who are wonderful leaders!! You are the ones who create environments where teachers, students, parents, and the community at large want to be there and feel they belong! Wherever these needles in haystacks are, keep it up!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment