Some call me "Flem"

My photo
I'm an elementary school teacher turned high school English teacher, School-Based Teacher Leader (SBTL), and adjunct professor here in Philly. These posts are the views, as I see them, from room 105, my first classroom number. Enjoy, engage, and share!

Thursday, April 28, 2016

Scott Gordon admits he got it wrong!

“A mistake that we made was the assumption that schools were not successful because they weren’t well run, or they weren’t well organized, or that teachers weren’t trained and supported...that may … be true...our communities face lots of barriers and problems – kids in trauma – that need to be addressed if we’re going to be successful" ~Scott Gordon
[emphasis mine]

So, why then are you still pushing your imperialistic ways in Philadelphia and Camden?

In the spirit of objectivity (and full disclosure since I am quoted in the report), here's the full article
http://hechingerreport.org/the-end-of-no-excuses-education-reform/

(Semantics question, can it be the "spirit of objectivity" if I then mention in my parenthetical phrase that I'm quoted in the report? lol #foodforthought)

No comments:

Post a Comment