Some call me "Flem"

My photo
I'm an elementary school teacher turned high school English teacher, School-Based Teacher Leader (SBTL), and adjunct professor here in Philly. These posts are the views, as I see them, from room 105, my first classroom number. Enjoy, engage, and share!

Thursday, March 31, 2016

A Little Reader's Theatre Drama


For those who aren't aware, I'm a third grade teacher....this year anyway. In an effort to develop reading fluency, one approach is to employ reader's theatre. My class isn't new to reader's theatre. But what I heard today made me chuckle a bit.

They were working/reading in groups of three, a skit on an animal trainer. I overhear one girl say, "How many times I gotta tell you to read with EXCITEMENT? It's a SCRIPT!!"

Ha! How 'bout them apples!!


No comments:

Post a Comment