Some call me "Flem"

My photo
I'm an elementary school teacher turned high school English teacher, School-Based Teacher Leader (SBTL), and adjunct professor here in Philly. These posts are the views, as I see them, from room 105, my first classroom number. Enjoy, engage, and share!

Friday, January 22, 2016

A Class Periscope Story

This school year is the first year that I'm using Twitter's Periscope app at various moments during the school day to bring learning events live to the parents and families of my students. I don't broadcast events every day, just at special moments.

Well, today there was a "brought a smile to my face" moment....

Today a student was running a bit late for school. I started today's broadcast as I had two of my students teach two Nikki Giovanni poems to the class. I turned on the Twitter notification. Later, in walked the late student. "My mom told me to hurry up to class because you were broadcasting live on Periscope, so I ran upstairs."

Insert "smile" here!!

No comments:

Post a Comment