Some call me "Flem"

My photo
I'm an elementary school teacher turned high school English teacher, School-Based Teacher Leader (SBTL), and adjunct professor here in Philly. These posts are the views, as I see them, from room 105, my first classroom number. Enjoy, engage, and share!

Tuesday, May 19, 2015

On the Williams Watch

So, this is just my humble opinion, but I say we should watch the legislative agenda of State Senator Anthony H. Williams now that he lost the Mayoral Primary Election. He's already proposed and supported legislation that would further decimate Philadelphia's public schools of the necessary finances and resources that make public schools, schools.

Unlike Kenney, he was not required to resign his office as state senator in order to run for mayor's office. Therefore, his job in Harrisburg, yup, he still has that.

Despite being backed by very wealthy people and organizations, the Associated Press called the race in Jim Kenney's favor.




He doesn't seem like the type of person who will loose gracefully. I hope I'm wrong. But if working for the School District of Philadelphia hasn't taught me anything else, it's to be skeptical! VERY skeptical!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment