Some call me "Flem"

My photo
I'm an elementary school teacher turned high school English teacher, School-Based Teacher Leader (SBTL), and adjunct professor here in Philly. These posts are the views, as I see them, from room 105, my first classroom number. Enjoy, engage, and share!

Thursday, April 23, 2015

Imagine An Addendum to a previous post!

Last night, I posted my ideal vision of what I believe a great principal, an ideal principal, a phenomenal principal would be like. As I slept and even as I take a few sips of my Wawa coffee, I really do believe that there are some out there! Principals who are great at what they do and who, like teachers, face mounting pressures from outside, noneducational interests to "perform" as if we are actors on stage! I believe that there are principals out there who know what excellent teaching and learning looks like and have had the 10+ years experience of actually being involved in such experiences as a CLASSROOM TEACHER (and were great at it)!

I also believe that those types of principals are the exception and not the norm! Big ups to you principals who are leaders indeed; compassionate, caring, strong, intentional, knowledgeable pedagogues, not forgetful of what it was like in the classroom, advocating teachers indeed!!

No comments:

Post a Comment