Some call me "Flem"

My photo
I'm an elementary school teacher turned high school English teacher, School-Based Teacher Leader (SBTL), and adjunct professor here in Philly. These posts are the views, as I see them, from room 105, my first classroom number. Enjoy, engage, and share!

Saturday, February 21, 2015

Legacy of black educators in my family

Shout out to the members of my family on both my father and mother's side of the family who are/were teachers! This teaching "thing" didn't just begin with my generation. On my mother's side, we have generations of Philly public school teachers, beginning with my grandfather. On my father's side, New Jersey's and Philly suburban public school teachers.

Proud legacy of educators! Now my sister and I are currently Philly public school teachers with a couple of my other siblings going back to school to get graduate degrees in education so they, too, can join the most noble profession on the planet!

No comments:

Post a Comment