Some call me "Flem"

My photo
I'm an elementary school teacher turned high school English teacher, School-Based Teacher Leader (SBTL), and adjunct professor here in Philly. These posts are the views, as I see them, from room 105, my first classroom number. Enjoy, engage, and share!

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

The demise of our pet...


Yesterday, I blogged about the death of our class pet, Flemming Jr., a Madagascar Hissing Cockroach. What I didn't mention was that I made a dire prediction that our pet would meet his end at John B. Kelly because of what I, and many other colleagues, believe to be poor air quality in our school.

We have no hard evidence of our suspicions, other than the fact that many of us have ended up with ailments we have NEVER had in our lives including pneumonia and bronchitis, sniffling, coughing, and sneezing beginning only moments after entering the building with many of us.

Many plants don't survive despite proximity to windows and light.

Back to our pet...

Conversing with a colleague out the John B. Kelly air, I said, "Watch our roach! If it dies here then we know something is up!" I also repeated the common tale that cockroaches can survive nuclear catastrophes and that if our hissing cockroach couldn't survive the air at school, we're in trouble!

Is it a fact or conjecture that cockroaches can last nuclear disasters?
Hmmm, I did some reading...
This from --> Discovery!


No comments:

Post a Comment